How to use your breast pump:
– Sterilise your pump (caps are available online to purchase – caps keep the pump sterile after cleaning)
– Place top of pump over your nipple – make sure your nipple is in the neck of the pump and comfortable.
– Apply suction – you may need to adjust a couple of times. Once the pump is secure and comfortable you can squeeze the base of the pump (not interfering with the top/suction) to create some movement.
– A warm flannel on top of your breast is also a great tip and gently massage the top of your breast.
– Once milk begins to flow simply leave the pump alone to do its thing.
– Once the pump becomes full empty into a glass storage bottle and reposition.
Also attach in the same way while your child is feeding on your other breast and collect all let down and milk which would other wise be lost into a breast pad.Waking up in the middle of the night or if engorged during the day also attach your pump for relief.Clean after each use. This product can be sterilised with any steam sterilising system or boiling water.