When I first heard of Hydrogen peroxide I was a little scared. I think the fact peroxide was in the name that I found myself thinking that this surely can’t be safe!
Fast forward to today and I now know that it’s H2O2. Water with an extra oxygen molecule. Yes high concentrations of it are not safe and it still needs to be handled with caution and kept away from kids but what I love is that it’s a natural disinfectant and bleach and it doesn’t destroy our lovely streams and oceans like actual bleach does. It has a multitude of uses around the home. It ticks all the boxes. It’s natural, effective at cleaning and eliminates the need for any harsh chemicals in our homes.
So what can it be used for:
1. Kitchen/bathroom disinfectant- for counters, sinks, chopping boards, dish brushes, you name it.
2. Glass cleaner – who doesn’t love cleaning glass! if you’re not into the ammonia that is in normal glass cleaner you will love this. And it works
3. Grout brightener- Because it acts as a bleach, Its a great option for cleaning and brightening tile grout. Spray grout lines with 3% hydrogen peroxide and allow to sit for about an hour. Dampen an old rag and wipe up the excess when you’re done. Finish with a natural mopping solution over the floor’s surface to clean up any remaining residue.
4. Dishwasher – To disinfect your dishwasher, add 2 oz. of 3% Hydrogen peroxide to your regular washing formula.
5. Laundry – You can also add a cup of hydrogen peroxide instead of bleach to a load of whites in your laundry to whiten them. Also, when chlorinating clothes, they tend to wear out faster – peroxide won’t do that.
6. It can also be used to disinfect toothbrushes (and all other cleaning brushes)
7. Toy cleaner. Clean the kids toys without all the chemicals.
So there you have it. Any other cleaning uses I’m missing let me know.
Thanks for reading!
You can get it here!